Wellbeing of our Staff
We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance and believe that the very best education is delivered by teachers who are passionate, believe that they are valued and have the opportunity to be creative without being constrained by administrative tasks.
We have a wellbeing group made up of staff across the school that have analysed the ways in which we at Hazelbury are committed to wellbeing. This has ensured our teacher retention is extremely high as staff want to be part of Hazelbury. Please see below for details:
Following guidance from the DfE (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/reducing-workload-in-your-school) regarding the workload of teachers we assessed our practices and adapted the following:
- Assessment procedures - these have been refined and all paperwork reviewed to ensure that only necessary work is completed
- We have created a 'Feedback for Learning Policy' which has eradicated marking and instead focusses on conferencing with teachers as well as a larger emphasis on children becoming more independent in their progression
- School Reports have been redesigned and children now take ownership of this through learning journals.
- Data Management - we have designed our own assessment tracking online data system that is user friendly and designed to analyse data quickly and efficiently.
Professional Development and Training
- We provide all staff with weekly professional development, listening to feedback and tailoring sessions to the needs of the staff.
- We have our own personalised NQT training programme which incorporates training from the school, the borough and the Trust.
- Due to the size of the school and being part of the Enfield Learning Trust we are able to offer significant professional development opportunities.
- All staff have the opportunity to be part of learning hubs that contribute to the development of the curriculum at Hazelbury.
Access to Technology
- All staff have Ipads and teachers have Macbooks to enable them to plan and deliver the very best teaching.
- We work with a central online drive so that resources and planning can be accessed from anywhere with ease and centrally stored.
- The school has minibuses which staff are able to be trained as drivers so that they are able to take their classes on school trips without relying on public transport.
Mental and Physical Health
- We have a staff gym onsite that is accessible for staff to use outside of working hours
- We run weekly yoga sessions for staff after school
-Our staff have access to a confidential employee support service
- We have termly wellness sessions for all staff
- All staff have access to Perkbox - a high-street discount app
- We provide a staff daycare service to support staff with young families